Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a blog for my birthday dog

Today is Frank's first birthday! My little peanut wiener dog is already one! This is the first picture of Frank I saw when I found our breeder's website. What a sad little puppy!



And here is what he looks like now...


Don't worry, I'm not one of "those" people that have parties for their pets. I know some of you are saying, "Now wait just a minute! Aren't you the girl who's family had brithday parties for your guinea pigs?!" Well, yes, we did...in a way. We would have cake, but who wouldn't want a reason to eat cake? Usually we did have a small birthday cone hat for the guinea pig to wear. Stop laughing! It's not like we sent out invitations and had guests over! In present day, people do a lot worse and more to celebrate their pet's birthday.

We, however, are not doing anything to "celebrate" Frank's birthday...other than this blog. I didn't bake him a cake (though I do have some left over from our Super Bowl party we could eat), he will not be wearing a party hat, and we didn't buy him any presents. Frank is a simple dog. Besides, it's not like he realizes it is the anniversary of his birth.

But I did want to mark the occasion with a post. I have really enjoyed having Frank around and he brings a lot of fun and laughter to our lives...frustration too. Like when he peed on me this morning! Oops! I still love him.

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Aweosme!
haha!! I remember seeing those guinea pig pictures :) haha! :) Awesome! happy b-day Frank :)

Loving Dad Through Alzheimer's said...

Aww - Happy Birthday Frank! Hopefully he and Toby will get to hang out soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill! I found your blog through Heidi's blog. It was fun reading through your posts...your pup is cute. It's cool that you get to take so many trips...I remember when Toby and I lived in Florida we went on trips all the time! Now that we have an almost two year old it's not so easy though! I do miss those days. Are you still attending Rocky? Are you still even living in FL? Well it was nice to catch up a little!