Wednesday, February 27, 2008

d-day

This past Sunday Chip and I went to Bonifay to help his parents get their new donkey. A friend of theirs bought a female donkey for his farm and unbeknownst to him it was pregnant. One day he went out to feed the donkey and there were two baby donkeys (I don't know the official "baby" donkey name - maybe colt?) in the pen. One was a female and one was a male. Because he didn't intend to go into the donkey breeding business he offered the male donkey to my in-laws. They have a lonely horse that they thought the donkey would keep company. So anyways, Chip and I were asked to come to Bonifay to help them load it in the trailer and bring it back to their house.

It was pretty funny trying to get the donkey out of its pen and into the trailer. Donkeys are stubborn and the poor little guy was scared as well. Eventually he went in and we brought him back to the house. He ran out of the trailer and into the fenced in corral they plan on keeping him in until he gets used to his new surroundings. My in-laws have named him Donkey, pronounced "Dun-key" like the way Shrek says it in the movie. He is pretty cute! The horse was kind of unsure of what this new animal was and what he was doing there. Every once in a while the donkey would bray fairly loud. Everyone would just laugh. I think he will make a great addition to their animal family. Here are some pictures of the donkey.


Here is the donkey with his mother and sister. He is the littlest one on the far left.


Here is Rose checking out the donkey.

Chip in the stall with the donkey.

He's pretty cute. I'm usually scared of large animals, but once I realized he wasn't going to kick me I had a little fun with him.

Welcome home Donkey!

3 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

what a cute donkey!! How cute! :) I'm glad the horse has a cute little donkey buddy now :)

Anonymous said...

Dunkey with his little self is the Frank of donkeys! It is so cute how his ear is turned toward your whispering. You must be dishing out something really interesting!

Anonymous said...

The donkey is adorable!!