Frank had never participated in a dachshund race before, so I wasn't sure how he would do. Any of you that have met Frank before knows he tends to get easily distracted and scared. A few days ago I started "training" him for the race. Basically I would get him to sit and stay in a particular spot and then I'd walk 10 - 15 feet away and then call him to me. I would also have a squeaky toy with me to keep his attention. We would practice this 4 or 5 times a day. He picked it up pretty well, but again, who knows how he'd do at the actual race with tons of people and a bunch of dogs.
Well today was race day. There were about 25 doxies participating. Frank's competition included: Oscar, Crazy-Eyed Molly, Paco, and Rhemus. I am proud to say my little turbo weiner dog won every one of his heats and came in second place in the final!
Frank won a prize bag that had dog treats, a pair of dachshund socks (for me, not the dog), a sticker from the Florida Dachshund Rescue, and a beaded collar that said "Second Weiner".
Here is a video of the races.
In other news, I wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to my sweet husband. His birthday is tomorrow. As I write this Alabama is beating Georgia pretty badly, FSU won, and Frank won 2nd place in the races - not bad way to start celebrating. Not bad at all!
6 comments:
That video is hysterical! I love Diddy getting him all hyped up in the background! Precious!
I'm SO glad you were able to get video! I love how the opening shot is from Frank's perspective. Way to go Frank!
A very happy birthday to you Chip!
Bethany
Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh! Frank is awesome! That was the cutest video!!! Hooray Frank! (And Happy Birthday Chip, too.) When are you coming back to Jacksonville again????
:-)
Sally is super impressed with Frank's skills.
OK, I'll try my hand at HTML again. Here's the local newspaper's coverage of the event. The final race is around time 1:11. Frank is on the left of the screen. I'm at the top with the video camera. :)
Post a Comment