I had a few free minutes before dinner was ready so I decided I'd update my blog. This post is pretty much going to be a long string of thoughts, so try to keep up. :)
Chip and I were both sick last week with the stomach flu. It took me down on Monday and Chip on Wednesday. We are finally feeling back to normal and in to eating again. Food was not our friend for several days. We lived off of Gatorade and chicken noodle soup for most of last week.
This past weekend our friends Austin and Ashley were in town from Jacksonville. We always enjoy getting to spend time with them. Saturday night we hung out with A & A, Austin's parents, and Austin's parent's friends Steve and Gail. We played dominoes (chicken foot) and ate pizza...we'll they ate pizza. Pizza was what I ate the night I got sick, so needless to say I wasn't interested in partaking in it so soon (sorry for the TMI). I had never played dominoes before. I never really knew a game was part of it. I just figured you lined up the dominoes to knock them down. After a brief lesson we started the game. It was fun. I wasn't too bad at it, but I certainly wasn't as good as Chip who won the game. Of course! :)
I'm so glad the election is drawing to a close - I don't think I can take anymore! Every time I turn on the TV that is all they are talking about. I've even received 3 phone calls from Barack Obama's campaign. Apparently his campaign bought a bunch of phone numbers of voters in FL and mine was one of them - lucky me! I asked them to remove me from their list. I don't know who I am voting for at this time. I have issues with both candidates. I just want to know the facts - in an unbiased way. I don't trust the news, the newspaper, or either candidate's website. If anyone knows of any good non-partisan websites that list the stances of the candidates please let me know. I originally wasn't even going to bother voting since I can't decide, but the thought of all the "you can't complain about the way things are if you didn't vote" people running through my head prompted me to change my mind. * Chip just told me about a website where you answer several questions about your stance on issues and it matches you up with the candidate whose answers most closely match yours. Click here to go to it. I did it and my closest match was only a dismal 38%. It was still interesting to find out nonetheless. Check it out if you're lacking direction like me.
Work has been very busy lately which is a good and bad thing. At least I have job security this way. A lot of businesses in the area, and nationwide for that matter, are cutting back jobs. One of the largest employers in our area, other than the Air Force base, just laid off a bunch of people. I wish the economy wasn't in the crapper like it is, but if I had to find a bright side in all of this maybe people are learning the valuable lesson of want vs. need.
And with that, I bid you all adieu! I promise I'll try to update my blog more than once a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Jill! Good to hear from you... hopefully we can maybe hang out again before too long. Anyways, about the election stuff, I feel your pain as I too am pretty much over all the hype of this election. Anyways, here's a pretty handy website for non-partisan info... although it's kinda depression to know the "facts" behind all the accusations. Anyways:
http://www.factcheck.org/
AND here's a very well stated argument that respectfully and intelligently explains why I'm voting the way I am. Hope it is helpful to you as well.
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/21/the-comprehensive-argument-against-barack-obama/
Post a Comment