Thursday, June 25, 2009

they always come in threes

Thanks Mother for reminding me today that deaths usually come in threes. Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett and now....Michael Jackson!! Say it isn't so!

I talked to my mother at lunch today to see if she had looked at the CD of pictures I had mailed to her of our London/Paris trip. We talked briefly about Farah Fawcett dying. She then mentioned, "You know, these things always happen in threes. David Carradine died a few weeks ago, so it has been too long. I don't know who'll be next, but I bet someone else will die soon."

Well, two hours later Michael Jackson dies. Seriously, did she jinx him?

I have always enjoyed his music. I mean, come on, who hasn't danced like a zombie to Thriller?? Who hasn't mimicked his moon walk, crotch grabs and high-pitched shrieking? Well, maybe not the crotch grabbing.

Michael, you'll be missed...for your music. Not all the alleged things that you did behind closed doors.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I've been wanting to call you for the past two weeks now... Maybe I'll make it happen this weekend!

charleysmom said...

You're welcome!
I can't help it if I just know these things although it did creep me out when it happened.
And yes, I finished the awesome photos that you and Chip took! Thanks for sharing
Love, Your mother