Saturday, September 1, 2007

Allow myself to re-introduce...myself

Ok, so I've finally joined the world of blogging. I figure it is a good way to keep in touch with people - especially those friends who live far away(as long as I actually update this thing every now and again.)

For those of you I haven't talked to in a long time, here is a quick update:

I currently live in Niceville, FL (a small town halfway between Pensacola and Panama City Beach) with my sweet husband Chip. We have been married for a little over 3 years now. We met at FSU about 5 years ago. Chip is a mechanical engineer with the US Air Force. He works on warhead design. I work in marketing at Okaloosa-Walton College/Mattie Kelly Arts Center.




We do not have any children at this point. Eventually we will start a family, but for now it is just us and our super cute dachshund, Frank. We've had Frank for about 4 months now. He is great practice for when we have kids one day. Judging by the fact he is still alive and likes us, I think we may be able to handle kids.

********************

We're very excited college football is starting back up today! I have to admit I am a bit nervous about the FSU game. Last year was terrible! Of course the one game we went to last year was the shutout against Wake Forrest :( At least we were able to go up into the skybox and drown our sorrows in the never-ending buffet. Since Jeff Bowden is no longer the offensive coordinator, we may do better. I feel like I could have called better plays...don't hold me to that!







I recently was in Austin, TX visiting Ben, Bethany and Violet Morrison. It was nice to finally meet Violet. She is a cutie! It was a good visit - full of eating, seeing new places, and laughter (how it always is when Bethany and I get together). I had a great time and can't wait to see the Morrisons again.

We were in Whole Foods one evening and came across this very strange fruit. I have no idea what it is called or where they grow it, but it sure did make us laugh!

Well, I think that will end my first entry. Hope everyone hasn't fallen asleep at the keyboard yet. Until next time...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, welcome to the blogging world! We've started one for our little one that will soon arrive but haven't gone public with it yet :) I'm sure we'll see you guys soon, seeing as if you're right across the way...

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! So glad to see you joined the world of blogging! I'm already a subscriber. I need to call you soon to talk about some things.... Anyway, Frank's belly shirt made me laugh! Thanks for the picture. Chip sending flowers was sweet. Was it for no special occasion? I'll be watching... mbwahahaha

Anonymous said...

It's a chayote squash. I know you already know, but I wanted to leave you a comment. :-)