Tuesday, September 18, 2007

why didn't someone tell me?

Ok, why didn't someone tell me my hair looked HORRIBLE?! It was only overgrown and like 6 colors - literally. I got my hair highlighted about 3 months ago and it was a little blond. Needless to say 3 months later it looked a little skunky - black looking roots, bleached out blond streaks and chunks, and an overall reddish appearance everywhere else. Part of this disaster is my fault for waiting too long between haircuts, but someone should have politely told me to fix it. So anyways, I did today. I got my hair dyed back to a shade near my natural color (mousy blond/brown for those of you who have never actually seen it - my husband included!) and some SUBTLE highlights put in. The highlights aren't to stand out, but to add dimension. I think my hair looks a million times better! Plus the ratty dried ends got cut off. I wouldn't be surprised if I got a promotion at work, a starring role in a movie, or a free trip to Paris! Ha, dream on me! Good looking hair can make a person's self confidence improve.

I just got finished baking a cake for my co-worker's birthday tomorrow. I made a recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It is called "Busy Day Cake with Broiled Coconut Topping". Overall it was really easy and looks like it should be pretty tasty. I made some cookies from a recipe in that book the other day - Chocolate crinkles - they were a big hit! Sure beats break and bake or a brownie mix! It really wasn't that difficult or time consuming and it shows I care enough to take the time to make something from scratch. I guess watching all of that Food Network has paid off! I do enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes...it is just hard to find the time to do it.

Anyways - that's all for now. I've got to go order some flea meds for Frank. What an exciting life I lead! :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

haha, your hair didn't look bad before! but i can't wait to see it now. i'm sure it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Post a picture when you can! I can't believe I never called you back! I'm very sorry. Ben's family is here until Friday. Hopefully we'll get to talk soon. Violet awakes... got to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
I didn't think your hair looked bad, but if I did, I probably would have told you, if that makes you feel better.

Anyway, hope you guys are doing great. Look forward to seeing you this weekend!