Thursday, November 22, 2007

give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful day counting your blessings, spending time with friends and family, and of course, enjoying a good meal.

This was me and Chip's first Thanksgiving where we cooked the meal. Since my parents live so far away now and Chip's family spent Thanksgiving with their daughter in Naples, we decided to have Thanksgiving at our house with Chip's other sister Candi and our friends Mark & Emma. We were intimidated at first since we were doing all of the cooking, but in the end it came out well and was actually fun. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, mac & cheese, rolls, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and some double chocolate gooey butter cake (courtesy of our friend Emma & a Paula Deen recipe). Everything tasted good!

I also watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I have watched that parade every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember! I always look forward to seeing the old-timey looking turkey float at the beginning and Santa at the end.

Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving meal. I look forward to making it again next year. Hope you all have a great day!






2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

FUN! Looks like you guys had a fun day!! :)

Loving Dad Through Alzheimer's said...

It was YUMMY! Thanks for having me!