Wednesday, April 16, 2008

NYC Part II - Food, Glorious Food

I guess I should have mentioned in yesterday's blog about all of the sights we saw. I got carried away trying to get the slide show just right. Here's a rundown on the things we did/saw:

Empire State Building, Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Ground Zero, Trump Tower, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Today Show (we were on TV), China Town, Little Italy, Chelsea Market, taping of the Conan O'Brien Show, Times Square, walked Brooklyn Bridge, Flat Iron Building, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park - Bethesda Fountain & Belvedere Castle, Phantom of the Opera. I think that is it...I know, it's a lot!

Today's slide show showcases the reason I gained 5 pounds in a week. As you'll see, I enjoyed every bite of it (I did over-indulge at Chocolate by the Bald Man and nearly got sick). NYC has a ton of different foods available and I wanted to try some of the most famous - pizza, cheesecake, cupcakes, hot dogs and soft pretzels, cannolis, and deli sandwiches. I did notice food portions are RIDICULOUSLY huge here. See for yourself...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Serving sizes were monstrous! I can't believe those meatballs! Really challenges the old "things are bigger in TX" thing.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

YUM!!! You're making me really hungry!!

Lauren said...

can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know you guys went to New York! How Awesome! And you got to see Phantom! What a great trip! Glad you got to go and had so much Fun!

Jeff, Lee, Jacob, Shawn said...

Looks like ya'll had so much fun!!!