Today I got my very first facial. Chip bought me a gift certificate for one for Christmas (yes, I'm just now using it in April). It was pretty good, though I don't think it is something I would do on a continual basis since it costs a lot and it was just "ok". It's not that I didn't enjoy it - I would just rather use the money on a massage. I enjoy those more. Plus my skin isn't so bad that I need it deep-cleansed frequently.
Facials are relaxing. You lay on a table in a dimly lit room with soothing music playing. Then they use like 7 different sprays, cleansers, scrubs, and masks on your face. My favorite part had to be the warm, damp towels they put on your face. That was very soothing. Each product had a different scent - cucumber, fruit, and cinnamon. So you also get a little aromatherapy, too. The whole facial lasts about 40 minutes. It seemed kind of fast, but it was still nice - especially since I could have been sitting at work!
Later on this afternoon I went to Sonic for "Happy Hour" with my neighbor Stephanie and her baby Addison. Sonic has half-priced drinks and slushes everyday from 2-4 p.m. We sat outside at one of the tables on the patio and talked. It was a good time. Plus we scored free refills on our cherry-limeades. We just asked one of the carhops if they did free refills and she said they didn't, but that she'd bring us one anyways. Nice! We did a double-take and had a good laugh when we saw the nametag of the girl who brought us our refills. Let's just say it was a part of the female anatomy. Since this is a "G" rated blog I won't say what it was. I'm sure that wasn't actually her name - which begs the question why anyone would put that name on there in the first place.
Anyways, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first day of Spring Break. Tomorrow I get to have my teeth cleaned - woohoo! After that I am getting a lesson in making yeast rolls and cinamon rolls from my coworker's sister. I've had them before and they are really good, so I'm looking forward to that. Plus I am getting ready for our trip to New York City. I'm kind of busy, but at least it is with fun things to do so I don't mind.
Oh, as promised, here is a picture of me from my church's Passover Easter production. No, I'm not angry, this is just a scence I'm in. You can find the rest by clicking here -> http://gallery.mac.com/thepianostudio#100083

4 comments:
i have a facial gift cert that i got last august and still haven't used. so i guess i'd better go. you have motivated me. and the rest of your blog reminded me of a certain seinfeld episode concerning a "name". do you know what i'm talking about?
You look awesome in those pictures - how fun!
Man, now I'm craving Sonic!!!
I have to agree that facials are nice, but I would much rather have a massage. The few times I have gotten a facial they made me break out anyway.
man, my original post didn't show up...anyhow, what was even better was the look on our hubby's faces when we told them who made their drinks ;) have a great time in NYC, addy and i will be watching for you two! btw, i'm still waiting for that century plant post...
Post a Comment