Thursday, October 4, 2007

roll tribe!

Ok, sorry it took me all week to post pictures from the FSU/AL game. Joel McAllister took the pictures on his camera and it took him a few days to send them to us because he went on vacation. Here are some of them.






The game was pretty cool. FSU and Alabama have a pretty strong fan base, so there was some good natured competition between fans. Alabama fans would shout to each other "Roll Tide" and FSU fans would shout "F-S-U" or do the warchant. Chip, Joel and Kristine all had matching "Roll Tribe" shirts - that was the game day t-shirt with FSU's spin on "Roll Tide". Clever, clever.


The game started off pretty boring. Nothing really exciting happened until the 4th quarter. Pretty much people were getting trashed since the game was not very interesting. The stadium was selling beer and hard liquor. There was a guy so drunk in front of us (not only was he buying beer, but he also had 2 flasks in his pockets!) that by the end of the 3rd quarter we saw him vomit into the aisle in front of him. Then of course, he began to drink again. Real smart!


Luckily the game got better after that. FSU pulled away from Bama and ultimately won (for those of you who didn't know - shame on you!)


After the game we met up with Curtis & Robin Cooper at O'Charley's. It was good to catch up with them. We hadn't seen them in a little over a year. We all caught up on life and then stood around and shared pictures of our pets. :)


The rest of the weekend we hung out with Austin & Ashley Henkel. It was great to see them again. We miss them so much since they moved to Jax. We all had a good time together living it up for Chip's 28th birthday. Chip wanted to eat at Sonny's BBQ, so we did. We pigged out on pulled pork and crinkle cut fries...not bad. We then went to Dave and Buster's (the equivalent of an adult Chuck E. Cheese) and played some games. I played one game and somehow won 300 tickets! Ashley witnessed my sweet redemption. :) It was a good time.


Here is a picture of Austin we took at a store in Jacksonville. Thanks for being great hosts Henkels! We miss you guys already!



As I promised, we stopped at Au Peche Mignon on the way to Jacksonville. It was as delicious as I remember. Mmm!

All in all it was a great weekend full of fun with a bunch of good friends. It was great to see everyone again! Happy Birthday Chip! I hope it was a good one! :) Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on me! We didn't watch the game and I was too lazy to look up the results. I knew you'd be posting with game info soon!

It looks like you went to Anthropologie? I love that store!

Jacob said...

Hey, glad you guys had a great time. I got up at 4:00 in the morning over here in Thailand just to watch the game.

Jill said...

Good eye Bethany, it is Anthropologie! I love that store, too! I wish we had one here, but of course, I live in Niceville and we have nothing here...waa, waa!