There is a certain way to eat them that is referred to as the Tim Tam Slam. Basically you bite the ends of both sides of the cookie off and dip it in a hot drink (we used hot chocolate, but coffee would work) and suck on it like a straw. The hot chocolate comes through the cookie and melts the chocolate. You then eat the warm cookie...mmmm.
About 7 years ago I tried the Tim Tam Slam when FSU's BCM had its annual Laguna Beach retreat. It didn't go so well for me! I slammed with some nuclear hot chocolate and burnt the crap out of my tongue. I didn't get to enjoy my cookie because my tongue was burnt and I couldn't taste it. Bethany ran out of Tim Tams and I never got to try it again. So years later I wanted, no needed, to redeem myself. I bought a pack of Tim Tams (Arnott's) and set out to slam the right and safe way.
Chip made some hot chocolate and I explained to him how to slam. He is new to the whole process. I proceed to bite the ends off and dip the cookie in the hot chocolate. I suck up the cocoa and it didn't burn my tongue! Success! I then ate my melty cookie. It was really good! Here are some pictures of the process.
If you are ever in a World Market I suggest you pick up a pack of Arnott's and try the Tim Tam Slam. It is really good! Thanks for reminding me Bethany! It was good to remember some old, funny memories again! :)
3 comments:
We have Tim Tams (still called that) here in Thailand, and we often use milk instead of hot chocolate. A great treat in the heat!
Guess who just had a Tim Tam Slam? That's right, we did. Your post inspired me to take a trip to World Market myself today. I'm glad your second experience was more enjoyable than the first.
Oh man I remember that, and I believe i have it captured on film...I'll have to see if I can find the picture. Would you believe Bozeman, MT has a World Market? I will pick up a pack next time I'm in "town."
Post a Comment