Sunday, October 21, 2007

real classy

Today after church I went out to lunch with some of my girl friends from church (all of our husbands are out of town either on a business trip, a youth retreat, or deployed). We went to the Ruby Tuesday in Niceville. It was fairly busy from the post-church lunch crowd. As we were sitting there enjoying our lunches I glanced over to another table to see a guy sit down. I got an eyeful of his t-shirt and my eyes bugged out! This guy was wearing a t-shirt that said "No, I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll have a look". Wow! And to make matters worse he was sitting at a table with his wife and 2 kids!!!! This is wrong on so many levels - where do I even begin?!

Do I blame him for buying such a distasteful t-shirt and proceeding to wear it out in public? Or do I blame him for subjecting his children (both of which, thank God, looked too young to be able to read yet) to having to look at him in that t-shirt?

No, I think I will blame his wife. What wife would A) let her husband buy a shirt that said that and B) let him wear it when they went out to lunch in a public restaurant and C) wear that in front of their children??? I mean, come on! If I were her I'd slap him and then take the shirt and burn it! But, then again, she willingly left the house with him in that shirt so I guess she doesn't care or maybe even finds it funny. I know no one at our table found it comical.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hey cool! You have a blog! Awesome!! So yeah, that shirt is quite gross...eww!
Oh another note! They sell Tim Tams here and they ROCK! (they're still called Tim Tams here)... yum!
Hope things are rockin with you guys!! whoo hoo!